Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Grilled Tuna Kebobs


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...The folks who follow me on Facebook have often heard me comment that I love my life. I've made it past most of the potholes in the road I'm traveling and it's been a smooth ride for quite a while now. I've been especially fortunate in the friendships that I've made, and last week one of them surprised me with some gifts from the sea. A body appeared in my kitchen following a tap on the door. One of these days I'll be mugged at my sink, but until then the door remains open to friends who are welcome to come and go as they please. This "Greek" came bearing gift from the Oregon coast. Seems her granddaughter is working on a fishing boat this summer, and they were docked in Newport sitting out a storm that prevented them from chasing tuna. My friend returned with a cooler full of fish, and I was one of the fortunate recipients of the bounty it contained. I received tuna steaks and a gorgeous filet of white - ghost - salmon. The salmon is an unbelievable treat and I'll tell you more about it later in the week. Tonight is tuna night and we are not making salad, my friends. The tuna was so fresh I decided to treat it as simply as I could. I made a marinade of olive oil and lemon juice and after a quick soak, put the tuna on skewers and grilled it. It was delicious. I served it with a Lemon Coleslaw, and an Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto that I particularly enjoy. It was a wonderful meal. My recipe for grilled tuna kebob follows. I think you'll be pleased with how easy the kebobs are to make.



Grilled Tuna Kebobs...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite

Ingredients:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
2 pounds skinless tuna steaks, 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch chunks

Directions:
1)  Whisk 1/4 cup oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, Italian seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl. Add tuna cubes and toss to coat.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning from time to time. Thread tuna evenly onto 4 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 10 minutes.
2)  Preheat a grill or broiler. Grill until outside of tuna begins to char, but cubes are still pink in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Yield: 4 servings.



Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                  Older Posts


                 One Year Ago Today:                                                          Two Years Ago Today:
         Menu for Week of July 20 2014                                                     Warm Black Bean Dip


                Three Years Ago Today:                                                    Four Years Ago Today:
                  Little Bit's Garlic Bread                                                 Orange and Rhubarb Oatmeal

4 comments :

David said...

Mary, Great looking entree! I never thought of making tuna kebobs... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Kaye said...

Looks good. But halibut = tuna ???

Receitas e Truques da Clarinha said...

Que delícia de ideia.

Beijinhos,
Clarinha
http://receitasetruquesdaclarinha.blogspot.pt/2016/07/carbonara-com-crocante-de-linguica.html

Mary Bergfeld said...

Thanks for catching that, Kaye. I've looked at this at least 10 times and never saw that. My bad! I've corrected the post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly